Home Sales Are Up In PA & DE !
Chester County saw HUGE increases once again! Q1 of '12 is a success! Here are March 2012's statistics versus March 2011.
Less inventory and higher demands are slowly turning the market from a buyer's market to a mixed market.
- Pending Home Sales were up 48.0%. 567 homes went under contract.
- Settled Homes were up 10.5%. 347 homes successfully settled.
- $109,000,000 in total settled volume which was down slightly by 2.5%.
- The average settled price was $313,000 compared to $355,000 last year.
- A small sign of hope for prices....homes settled at 91.2% of their original listing price which is an increase of 1.7%
New Castle County also saw significant gains in March 2012!
- Pending Home Sales were up 31.8%. 555 homes went under contract.
- Settled Homes were up an 44.8%. 443 homes successfully settled.
- $96,000,000 in total settled volume which was up 48.0%.
- The average settled price was $183,000 compared to $190,000 last year. The only negative thing about March.
- Homes settled at 89.9% of their original listing price which is an increase of 1.5%
Don't believe the media when they tell you things are getting worse.
I strongly urge you to take a look at the reports straight from TrendMLS (the area's Multiple Listing Service) and determine your own opinion of what the market is truly like. The numbers speak for themselves!
Please click on your County below for the detailed PDF of your market area.
Interest rates are starting to climb a little. A 30 year fixed rate is about 3.875% and a 15 year fixed rate is around 3.5%. There is a possibility of getting a lower rate with points too. Great time to buy and sell!
Chip Plumley can be reached at (610) 444-9090 or (610) 357-8635.
Prudential Fox & Roach is an independently owned and operated member of
Prudential Real Estate Affiliates, Inc., a Prudential Financial company.
Equal Housing Opportunity.